|Book Title||Soncino Talmud for Macintosh|
|Date Published||Dec 28, 2018|
Utilizing the elegance and power of Mac OS X, the Soncino Talmud for Macintosh presents an immense wealth of information, with a versatile and speedy search program. It is designed to run on both Intel and PowerPC-based Macintosh computers, and will automatically run at peak performance for your Mac's architecture.
The Soncino Talmud for Mac OS X is an incredible study tool that brings the world of the Talmud as close as your Intel or PowerPC-based Mac. Use the Soncino Talmud on to look up words or phrases in Hebrew or English, then view, print, or save your results.
The Soncino Talmud for Mac OS X includes the following texts:
- Hebrew/Aramaic text of the Talmud
- Hebrew text of the Mishnah with nikud
- Hebrew text of Rashi's commentary on Talmud
- Hebrew text of Tosafot English translation of Talmud with footnotes
- English translation of Mishnah with footnotes for Mishnaic sections with no corresponding Talmud tractate
- Hebrew text of the Bible
- English translation of the Bible Hebrew text of Rashi's commentary on Chumash with nikud
- Modern Mac OS X interface, with full customizability of all elements
- Powerful, easy-to-use search function Unique linking feature displays
- Hebrew and English in simultaneously scrolling windows
- English Talmud footnotes appear in separate scrollable windows
- Print directly from the program or drag-and-drop to other Mac applications that accept Hebrew text, such as Mellel, Nisus, and Pages Print two texts side by side or on top of each other Install the program to your hard drive and put away the DVD!
- Fully integrated window, so you can see the search control parameters, the one-line results, and the full text all on one screen without having to deal with overlapping windows
- Resize individual panes or eliminate them altogether
- Ability to link multiple texts for simultaneous scrolling of a text and commentary
- Quick jumping to any perek or daf in the current text
- Ability to open up to 4 panes, to show 4 texts simultaneously
- Convenient buttons to skip to the next or previous result, or to jump back to previously viewed results
- Convenient "lookup" feature lets you go right to the text you want, without a single keystroke Bookmarks can be set for any location in any text, complete with names and comments
- Search by letters, nikud, or even trop
- One-line results indicate the precise perek and pasuk
- One-line results have two views - list and outline, to help you find the desired result quickly List of recent searches, built-in to the search window New Boolean operator "not followed by"
- Many new wild-card searches, so you can find words that match almost any given pattern
- Ability to limit search results to those contained entirely within a single perek, a pasuk, a daf, or a Mishna Ability to limit search results to those starting or ending on a perek, pasuk, daf, or mishna
- Results may be exported to a variety of programs, with a variety of options and formats
- Print layout window allows printing one-line results, single texts, or multiple texts side-by-side or above-and-below.
- Tzuras HaDaf window has tree-like list of all Amudim, for quick reference
- Daf images may be dragged to other programs
- Soncino texts are integrated with the Mac's dictionary - just hover the mouse over a word and press a few keys for an instant definition Word List displays all the searchable words in the entire set of texts
General Program Features
Modern OS X Interface
Print and Share results
New features in Soncino Talmud for OS X